• Welcome to the Shining Force Mods Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Shining Force series, modding and, of course, video gaming.

Register Log in

Shining Force Alternate

Shining Force Alternate V3.1C Hotfix

DiegoMM

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
I sent you a pm on sfcentral, I cant get your mod to work with .smd rom and cant find others formats anywhere

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
I responded to your message at SFC

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Erikin84 updated Shining Force Alternate with a new update entry:

Version 1.1c

In this update, there were some changes to how you receive the Sword of light, you no longer receive the sword at the Mishaela battle, but at a chest upon arriving at the next town. You can't miss it, as it's right next to where you spawn. Reason for this was the dialogue branch for the npc that was meant to give it to you if you didn't receive it during the Mishaela battle, would be finnicky and sometimes not use the correct path.

Chapter 6's dragonia's map and movement scripts have been...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Urgat

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Question on that, can I keep my save from the "little fix" version or do I have to start over ? (I am in Battle 4 of Chapter 1) Great work so far, i love the mod!

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
You should be fine. Since you are no where near the parts updated. There were no other changes to stat growths or anything, so you should have no issues. Just delete the older rom file and apply the patch to a new rom, and rename the file to match the older one. So your savestate will will work on it.

Lobo

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Or either rename the savestate to match the new rom. Hehe

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score

Version 1.1d release notes

Corrected some inconsistency with the map sprites in Guardiana, namely the dog and inhabitant that lives there.

Corrected Maxine using the name "maxine" instead of her given name by the player at chapter 2.

Updated the Mishaela battle, the map was tweaked slightly and the enemy ai has been updated to move back into starting position if a player moves out of the isolated rock area. This will have Mishaela move back so she's not a target by someone outside of that area. I have added 2 extra...

Urgat

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
The downloadlink in the mod description only leads to the 1.1b update, not the d.
And the download button on the mod page leads to your Graphical Update Mod

just a headsup

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Thanks, must have gotten things mixed up when clicking on links to copy over. should be corrected. Steve did update the site so I can upload the zip file directly, but it still tells me that it's too big of a file. So at the moment the download is just a text file with the same link as in the mod description

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score

Fao

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
I found this just today, I am no means a shining force veteran, but I'm enjoying the mod, it's a fresh take on nostalgia for me and it's very evident that this is an impressive and time consuming endeavour, wow!

Unfortunately capt. addington is a bit of a hurdle, even with magic elixers and two casters going at him I've probably pumped well over 300 damage into him and his health just keeps going back to full every round (bug or intended?) and his defense is too high for the physical characters at level 4/5 even with the best shop equipment they can have, so I'm a bit stuck.

Edit: I got it! He was tough though! :D

Last edited:

Lobo

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
I found this just today, I am no means a shining force veteran, but I'm enjoying the mod, it's a fresh take on nostalgia for me and it's very evident that this is an impressive and time consuming endeavour, wow!

Unfortunately capt. addington is a bit of a hurdle, even with magic elixers and two casters going at him I've probably pumped well over 300 damage into him and his health just keeps going back to full every round (bug or intended?) and his defense is too high for the physical characters at level 4/5 even with the best shop equipment they can have, so I'm a bit stuck.

Edit: I got it! He was tough though!

Just listen to wise Erikin's advise! ;)

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Yeah, he’s the first boss that you would need to cast slow/turtle dust on to give your melee characters a chance to do damage on him. If you managed to keep your magic dealers alive he isn’t too hard if you position your troops and whack him with magic

Edit:
I’m glad your enjoying it! It was a lot of work and I’m very pleased with the end result.

Runesamurai

Shining Buddy
Reaction score

Edit: I got it! He was tough though! :D
Lol yeah that fight was tough. But this is still one of the best mods that I've ever seen. I give it two thumbs up.

(Don't read until you've at least gotten past Ramladu)
And it was awesome and brilliant including Astral and making him playable. He really should've been playable to help bridge the gap in between the games. And having him perform the excorcism on Ramladu because of what he did in SF2 was ingenious.

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score

V1.1g in the works

Hello, after watching a youtuber play the mod, there are yet some things that are needing attention.
(I'm starting the think the SF1Editor is coming alive and just keeps messing with me, as some of the issues corrected in this update were previously fixed).

I plan to have another small update to correct the piecemaker(shouldn't drop from the enemy that initially wields it) and fix the conditions to receive another weapon later.